.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, September 25, 2003
  I am now a cartographer (temporarily) though sadly, here be no dragons or any other kinds of interesting beasts, just a sad commitment to customer driven projects and an infuriating obsession with acronyms...

Also the Ordnance Survey intranet blocks access to Blogger, so nothing from me during my compulsory lunch breaks... ('but I don't want to eat, because once I knew this boy, and he was a lot like me...')

Anyway, my only thought in the last few days has been about Kate Bush, and the quiet sublimity of 'Cloudbusting'... musically perfect, unexpectedly so with those juddering strings and the 5 second of sinister banjo that no one else seems to hear... But what really gets me... what makes the horizon flip every time I hear it, even though its probably the thousandth time, is the vocal...

'But every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
Like the sun coming out--
Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen. '

Its horrible... the sentiment is so futile, but the delivery is so believable...

Ok, thats brief and worthless, but I'm only getting about 4/5 hours sleep a night at the moment, and don't seem to have a spare thought for myself...
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home