.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, June 19, 2003
  SOME SINGLES THAT I HAVE LIKED THIS YEAR SO FAR

It's all about singles of course. Albums are over. Albums are shit. Grandads dance to them. I'm not sure I've heard more than 3 albums released this year in their entirety, and I haven't really loved any of them. But who gives a shit? Singles have been where it's at for the last 5 years and this will continue to be the case as far as I can see, at least until ringtones really get going and then maybe they'll displace singles as the best thing. I digress. Anyway: here is a short list of some singles that I have enjoyed in 2003. It's probably of comparable length to a list I would have produced at this point last year, and seeing as 2002 turned out to be pretty much the best year for singles, like, ever, my hopes are high for the next 6 months! Let's go...

Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke
(plus Jay-Z + Panjabi MC - Beware Of The Boys)
tATu. - All The Things She Said
Killer Mike - A.D.I.D.A.S.
50 Cent - In Da Club
Sean Paul - Get Busy
R.Kelly - Ignition (Remix)
Girls Aloud - No Good Advice
Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
Lisa Maffia - All Over
Lumidee - Never Leave You (Oh No)
Wayne Wonder - No Letting Go
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Beyonce feat Jay-Z Crazy In Love
Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage!
Fallacy feat. Tubby T - Big'n'Bashy
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
Electric Six - Gay Bar
Mis-Teeq - Can't Get It Back
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Dizzee Rascal - I Luv U
DMX - X Gon' Give It To Ya
Joe Budden - Pump It Up
Lil Kim - The Jump Off
Nivea - Laundromat
Snoop Dogg - Beautiful
Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
Good Charlotte - Girls And Boys
Busted - You Said No
Missy Elliot feat Ludacris - Gossip Folks
The Roots feat Cody ChestNutt - The Seed 2.0
The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Psychosis Safari
Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow
Richard X/Liberty X - Being Nobody
Blur - Out Of Time
Audio Bullys - The Things
Un-Cut - Midnight
Kelly Rowland - Can't Nobody
The Flaming Lips - Fight Test EP

Wow. This is just what I've managed to hear on snatches from the radio, which I've hardly been listening to all year. I haven't bought any singles, I haven't downloaded any, I haven't watched any MTV, I've not even been out very much! God knows how much I've missed...ah well. Will add to the list as other things occur to me, then I can make it a mission at the end of the year to track down all the tracks and make some kick-ass compilations! Sounds like a plan...
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home